I guess I’m going to keep track here. I bought this domain when I ran for school board in the town that has been my home for the last 20 years. Might as well put it to use.
I’m uprooting. I’m headed to Maine at least for a year. Just me and my dog, Maybee.
I have some goals. I thought it would be good to be reasonable about them and to articulate them for reminders and accountability. In no particular order of importance:
- Write every day.
- Paint at least twice a week.
- Practice guitar every day.
- Read something I enjoy every day. (Yes, a chapter a day of Anna Karenina counts.)
- Bake at least once a week.
- Workout every day.
- Hike OR explore a new place at least once a week.
- Eat for physical strength.
- TV no more than once a week and ONLY with intention.
- Get involved in the community; maybe the local theatre.
- Kick ass at my job.
- Write someone an actual letter every week.
- Go out at least once a week.
- Take Maybee to the beach at least once a week.
- Get over myself when I’m feeling sorry for myself.
- Live simply.
I’m committed not to waste a moment. I know how fast a year goes. I’ve watched 55 of them buzz right by.
I move into my new place on July 1.